Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April sure is a busy month,
between Easter and birthdays I seem
to be eating a bunch of food that
I really shouldn't be.
And it really is hard when chocolate seems to be lurking around every corner
calling me
RENAE... RENAE.... EAT ME.
Soooo I did,
and now it is time to get back to the grind.

However the last few days have been very eventful,
I celebrated my birthday,
and no it wasn't all that great as I am feeling old now.
Every year I cringe more and more as my birthday comes around.
But its over now and the girls made sure I had a good distraction,
they took me out and for cake and coffee and
we shared stories, gossip and a few much needed laughs.
I had a very uplifting day,
however in the morning it was me who got up with the kids...
me who made breakfast...
and me who hoped for at least a card,
but my husband made the most heartfelt comment " What do you mean you wanted a card, I just got you one for valentines day, do you want one all the time"
all I have to reply to that is
MEN!
But I know he loves me, he just dosent know how to read the subtle lines I lay out
Example
Him: what do you want for your birthday babe
ME: Ohh nothing, just you and the kids are all I need.

Now what I really meant,
No I don't need anything, well maybe a card to show how you feel, since you have a hard time saying it, but if not well then I will just clench my teeth and smile.

He is a great husband, just lacking a bit in the romance department.
Thank goodness for wonderful friends though.
I had a wonderful day thanks to them.
I love my ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment