Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Being a wife of a man in the military isn't always easy,
isn't always fun,
its full of times where your husband is away
and you are left to take care of kids and home.. alone.
It's constantly worrying about whether he will be OK.
It's trying to do 101 things on your own.... waiting for little ones to go to bed so you can get in a much needed shower and than crawling into bed by yourself.
It's sometimes smelling his pillow to see if it still has his 'scent' on it.
But its also filled with a ton of pride.
An unending supply of love.
To be able to see hour husband, dressed is uniform, ready to stand up for our country.... well I cant find a word for how AWESOME that is,
and how neat is it,
that our children can look to their father
as not only their daddy,
not only their friend
but also their very own 'HERO"
who will stand up and fight for them and freedom.

Being an army wife isn't easy.... but sooo worth it.
And I wouldnt have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. So true. As much as I sometimes want to throw that uniform out the window and never see it again I also have a sense of pride for my fiancé when I see him in it.

    ReplyDelete