Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big whoops on deaf ears

So we have had the most annoying, irritating and seemingly LONG weekend ever.
First, my kids... well I love them to bits
Actually love cant even explain how I feel for them
they are beautiful little people,
but I am beginning to think that maybe there is something WRONG with their ears.
It seems to me that their ears don't work all the time,
I mean its obvious that for the most part I am sure they can hear me
But on occasion
and when they seem to be at their most frustrating, something in them clicks off and BAM
they cant hear,
just like that... Nothing. I will tell them to get out of something, stop hitting each other, don't chase the dog, quit yelling, but hmmmm
no hearing.

However today at supper, while the two (partially deaf) children are blabbing away at each other I secretly mention to Richie since his birthday is tomorrow maybe he would like a nice meal, some relaxation, I will even make a delicious homemade cake and if he wants... some birthday (and I sounded it out) s...e....x
Well it was like instant that my kids go

What is s...e...x mom.
Argggh, its like a no win situation,
when you want them to hear you they cant and when you think they cant hear you... well you have to lie that s..e...x means that if they don't eat there supper than they will head to bed early.


I think parenting needs a manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment